Hi, I am oldtowneast
This is a now page, and if you have your own site, you should make one, too.
Top of Mind
- Father's Day
- Grandma's birthday
- Folk Forward on SomaFM: "Contemporary indie folk music. Sometimes softer, sometimes a little harder, but always authentic. A modern take on classic folk music, with occasional appearances by the classic masters."
- Groove Salad on SomaFM: "Downtempo and chillout electronica featuring artists such as Kruder & Dorfmeister, Fila Brazillia, dZihan and Kamien, Afterlife, Zero Seven, Nightmares On Wax, Shantel, Groove Armada and artists on Pork Recordings, Waveform Records and Cafe del Mar recordings.
- Diving thru local files lately. Old soundtracks, old Morcheeba, and fell in love with an entire album from almost twenty years ago: Afterlife Speck of Gold*.
- Got fed a list of music to check out from ChatGPT, what I would instinctivly have called "Classical Music" but I've come to find out that is entirely wrong to use that terminology. Classical is a reference to a time-period, not a genre of music. Baroque, Romantic. These are terms defining genres of music. As a result of these avenues, I fell in love with this. Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto no.2 op.18 * Anna Fedorova. Watching her go from that public smile to "in the zone" in the opening moments of video is really something else!
More podcasts listed here.
Finally, an "Always" list, which are things I will always be working on. Things that will never be complete.
- Still grinding away at learning the intricacies of Darktable.
Updated 5 months ago.